given on Sunday, September 14, 2014–a belated Grandparents’ Day
The Third Generation Crisis:
Three generations separate today’s elementary students from a culture that centered around church and school. The Baby Boomers remember that culture, but their grandchildren have not experienced that social structure. The emphasis has shifted to a virtual community with influences beyond parental control. This reduces God’s role in our lives and we must act:
- Stand firm in your Christian faith.
- Spread God’s message in word and in deeds.
- Continue modeling Christian behaviors in the family.
- Talk to your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren about the importance of God in your life.
- Ask them questions about their relationship with God.
- Do all that you can to share how God is real in your life.
- And pray that all may know God in their lives.